What is Micro Needling?
The concept of micro-needling is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself when it suffers physical damage such as cuts, burns, abrasions or other injuries. Immediately after an injury to the skin, our body begins the healing process, triggering new collagen synthesis. The LED Pen is a microneedling device that intentionally creates very superficial “micro-injuries” to the outermost layer of the skin, inducing the healing process including new collagen production. Micro-needling has been shown to reduce the visibility of acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles, diminish hyper pigmentation, and improve skin tone and texture, resulting in smoother, firmer, younger looking skin.
What can micro needling treat?
Using our Pen & LED Therapy it:
- Improves Acne Scarring
- Improves the appearance of Scars
- Minimises Pore Sizes
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of Stretch Marks
- Lifts, Tightens and Rejuvenates Skin
Not JUST for the above, we can simply use it to rejuvenate tired, dull skin and bring it back to life with collagen synthesis.
Who cannot have the treatment?
Please refer to the list if you are querying the treatment, and do not hesitate to contact us directly for more information.
• Active acne
• Active infection of any type (bacterial, viral, or fungal)
• Blood thinner medications • Cardiac disease/abnormalities
• Chemotherapy or radiation • Collagen Vascular Disease
• Eczema, Psoriasis, or Dermatitis
• Hemophilia / bleeding disorders
• Hormone Replacement Therapy
• Keloid/hypertrophic scaring
• Pregnancy / Lactation
• Raised lesions (moles, warts, etc.)
• Recent chemical peel procedure
• Recent use of some topical rx.
• Scleroderma • Skin Cancer
• Uncontrolled diabetes
• Vascular lesions (hemangiomas)